[SLE] Mail configuration.

From: John N. Alegre (listhub_at_libros.andante.mn.org)
Date: 05/06/04

    Date: Wed, 05 May 2004 23:46:58 -0500 (CDT)

    When first installed does SuSE 9.0 Pro have either sendmail or postfix? Which
    one? I take it that it is not configured in the intstall correct?

    john

    • Re: sendmail vs. postfix question
      ... > Sendmail is a large, monolithic, complicated program that runs as ... > Sendmail configuration is complicated and arcane -- it is the ... > Postfix has a different architecture, ...
      (FreeBSD-Security)
    • Re: [opensuse] How to monitor Linux systems from a focal/central point (was: ranting and raving abo
      ... I'm perfectly well aware of how to set up Postfix, and, for my sins, ... workstation ran Postfix, exim, sendmail or other such MTA. ... this is solely regarding the case of a minimal install on a resource-limited ... client machine that has absolutely no need for an MTA to be installed. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Large Prod Env Mail Host Was [Re: ClamAV Feedback]
      ... > Postfix is inappropriate for our task as it's not configurable enough ... Milter and LDAP support must be ... I believe you're building sendmail yourself them. ... > users to change their passwords and other things on the LDAP servers. ...
      (Fedora)
    • RE: java on RH AS 3.0?
      ... same program names) and switch between them without uninstalling either. ... Its most common use is to switch between sendmail and postfix, ... is done using a series of 'slave' links which are automtically switched ...
      (RedHat)
    • RE: Sendmail or Postfix?
      ... my sendmail configuration and everything seemed to work. ... However when I installed ISPConfig, it reconfigured postfix and now ... Prior to installing ISPConfig and using sendmail instead of postfix, ...
      (Fedora)