[SLE] newbie question: modems

nimmo_at_kurtnimmo.com
Date: 05/19/04

    Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 19:25:29 -0700
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    I have installed suse linux perfectly, except it will not cooperate with the
    winmodem on my machine (PCI). Can somebody suggest a modem that will go on my
    cheap eMachines PC either in a PCI slot or external? I'm looking for the most
    painless option possible, of course. Thanks.

    • Re: How do I insrtall XP from scratch?
      ... expensive as it's a bridged card. ... All my slots are PCI on this conmputer. ... If Windows Update ... modem connection in W2000, because I believe I can use more modern ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Problem mit Lucent Modem im T20
      ... Ich habe eine mini-PCI Karte mit Netzwerk und Modem ersteigert. ... PCI BIOS Version 2.10 found! ... Vendor 11C1h Lucent/Agere Systems ... Command 0003h (I/O Access, Memory Access) ...
      (de.comp.os.os2.setup)
    • Re: PCI-Express 1x 56k modems?
      ... a motherboard without PCI slots probably won't sell very well. ... The only justification for removing the 56K modem function from the ...
      (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
    • Re: winmodem on ubuntu, nearly done
      ... My modem device name is SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with Smart PC. ... Look for the PCI ... term that meant a winmodem that had a Linux driver and were sorta OK), ... 157 that were real hardware modems that worked out-of-box, ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Re: Does hardware modem need driver for Linux?
      ... That's a Condor - one of the family of PCI hardware modems from USR. ... Those are the same basic modem design. ... IIRC a RPM is some kind of package. ... the 2.2.5 kernel, and that used the old 'Serial driver version 4.13' ...
      (comp.os.linux.hardware)