Re: [SLE] statistical program for Linux

From: nick murphy (nickmurphy_at_blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: 06/05/04

    Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 23:14:52 +0100
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    Gary wrote:

    >Hi Guys,
    >
    >Does anyone know of a statistical program that will run in Linux? I am
    >looking for one that will run the Heckman's Phase 2 model, as SPSS will not
    >run it. The only one I know of is SAS, but it is for windows only.. (costs a
    >lot of money too, and is prohibitive) <g>
    >
    >thanks for any input.. I know it is a long-shot.

    Hi Gary
        I use JMP-in 5.1 from SAS. It is a general purpose statistical
    package that can do just about the same as SPSS. It can be bought on an
    academic license for less than $100, this is very favorable compared to
    the for commercial license cost.

    Nick

    • [SLE] statistical program for Linux
      ... Does anyone know of a statistical program that will run in Linux? ... looking for one that will run the Heckman's Phase 2 model, as SPSS will not ... Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [SLE] statistical program for Linux
      ... >Does anyone know of a statistical program that will run in Linux? ... >looking for one that will run the Heckman's Phase 2 model, as SPSS will not ... rivals SAS for capabilities. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [SLE] statistical program for Linux
      ... >Does anyone know of a statistical program that will run in Linux? ... MatLab for linux has a stats package but I'm not fully aware of its ... Check the headers for your unsubscription address For additional commands send e-mail to suse-linux-e-help@suse.com Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com Please read the FAQs: suse-linux-e-faq@suse.com ...
      (SuSE)
    • statistical program for FreeBSD?
      ... Does anyone know of a statistical program that will run in FreeBSD? ... looking for one that will run the Heckman's Phase 2 model, as SPSS will not ... To unsubscribe, ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: [SLE] statistical program for Linux
      ... > Does anyone know of a statistical program that will run in Linux? ... Check the headers for your unsubscription address For additional commands send e-mail to suse-linux-e-help@suse.com Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com Please read the FAQs: suse-linux-e-faq@suse.com ...
      (SuSE)