Re: [SLE] update to KDE 3.2.3

From: Jerome Lyles (susemail_at_hawaii.rr.com)
Date: 06/12/04

    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com
    Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 08:47:27 -1000

    On Friday 11 June 2004 11:10 am, BandiPat wrote:
    > On Friday 11 June 2004 03:46 pm, Bruce Marshall wrote:
    > > On Friday 11 June 2004 02:50 pm, BandiPat wrote:
    > > > Brad,
    > > > Not trying to take anything away from APT, but you might want to
    > > > look at Red Carpet as well from the ximian.com site.  One of the
    > > > best and easiest update tools I've seen.  Anders finally got me
    > > > turn onto it the other nite and I have to admit, it's as nice as he
    > > > said it was.  Give it a look, it has a very nice GUI to work in or
    > > > you can use totally shell commands, if you desire.
    > >
    > > Where does one find it? I can't find any Red Carpet on the Ximian
    > > site other than the Enterprise version that costs $200/server/
    >
    > ===========
    >
    > Here ya go Bruce, this will narrow it down a bit for you. You need to
    > go to the ximian.com site, click on Products, then Red Carpet, not the
    > Enterprise! Anyway, try this to see if it gets you any closer.
    >
    > http://www.novell.com/products/desktop/update.html

    I tried both but nothing actualy downloaded.
    Jerome

    • Re: Ximian Red Carpet for Debian?
      ... but apparently it can only be downloaded with Red Carpet. ... You don't need Ximian's Red Carpet to download the Exchange Connector. ... Ximian does not support Debian any longer. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: [SLE] Ximian2 - Need the monkey out
      ... >> The install went fine, ... > point your Red Carpet at one of the public mirrors and look at Open Carpet ... since Novell announced Ximian will be the default desktop in 9.2. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [SLE] update to KDE 3.2.3
      ... On Friday 11 June 2004 05:10 pm, BandiPat wrote: ... I can't find any Red Carpet on the Ximian ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Red Carpet available for FC2 -- please try it out
      ... which I was able to clean up with ... I'm not a Red Carpet developer. ... It is a very mature product ... Mono, Evolution, and Ximian Desktop were just icing on the cake. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: End of SuSE as a desktop OS?
      ... |And Novell already has Ximian, so how will Red Carpet fit in to all of this? ... Pros & cons? ... However Red Carpet is an update service, ... that a future update tool will incorporate all the best features. ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)