[SLE] Yast profile-manager

From: Mike Evans (mike_at_arl.arizona.edu)
Date: 06/15/04

    Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 10:30:41 -0700
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    Hi,

    Last night I was changing my profile through Yast's profile-manager.
    While it was bringing the network back up (as the new profile used a
    wireless connection and the old didn't) it froze the system. I had to
    force a reboot to get control back.

    Now, the profile-manager states that it is not enabled and trying to
    enable it instantly freezes the manager (but not my system). I tried
    reinstalling it from the RPM, but no change. I really need this to work
    and dread re-installing 9.1 (again)... any ideas on how to get it to work?

    Mike

    • RE: Lost my outlook contact... :(
      ... the network configuration is started from a web page located ... client computer, you will see a welcome page to invite you to start the ... local user profiles to the domain user profile. ... Before joining client computers to the network, ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • RE: The VA Stolen Laptop - Lessons Learned
      ... disabled reaches the laptop? ... make a lot more sense when data is housed on the "work" network and NTFS ... Encrypt it with whatever you like... ... the machine or the user couldn't get to their profile off the network. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Problem in XP
      ... profiles from the network server in the domain. ... Windows cannot load the user's profile but has logged you ... The following error occurred when DNS was queried for the ...
    • Re: How to stop desktop icons from rearranging?
      ... They were talking about the arrangement of icons on the desktop.. ... permissions are part of the user's profile, ... network his profile is stored on a network file server. ... use - dual monitors vs. the single monitor of the laptop) - and painfully ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Network data wronh- Help!
      ... sharing out data, backing up data to it, etc. ... profile has a desktop. ... Therefore when you are looking at it from the Network perspective (as if ... The "old" data you may be seeing is still remnant in the browser service. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)