re: [SLE] Problem with K3

From: Ben Rosenberg (red.kryptonite_at_gmail.com)
Date: 06/28/04

    Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 15:25:07 -0700
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 13:57:00 +0000, Thecivvie <suse@tcob1.net> wrote:

    > BR> I got this same issue last Friday when I tried to burn an iso image on
    > BR> my 8.2 machine. So it's not a 9.1 thing. I haven't figured out WTF is
    > BR> wrong. The only thing I can think is that the updated permissions RPM
    > BR> frelled something up in the last month since I burned some other CD's
    > BR> and everything was working fine. I can burn as root but not as a
    > BR> user.. but before I figured out I could burn as root I got frustrated
    > BR> with this behavior and burned the isos on my Powerbook. Worked like a
    > BR> charm. After 8 years of using Linux I'm actually getting sick of
    > BR> "problem happens and then spend hours looking for what happened then
    > BR> fix" crap. *Sigh*
    > BR>
    > BR> Yes, if anyone has a clue as to what might have happened.. this would
    > BR> be nice to know.
    > BR>
    >
    > It seems odd that this is noit caught before a release goes public,
    > surely someone testing the betas must have used it

    Yeah. As far as 9.1 would be concerned. I would agree. But something
    frelled it up on my 8.2 box. I'd think it was a setting in SOMETHING
    in a new package that was installed, but I'll be damned if I've had
    time to figure it out. Also, I just bought a new 17" Powerbook that
    came with an 8X DVD burner in it.. so I'll just be using that to
    archive stuff. I'm going to move all the hardware that's in my SUSE
    box into a 2U case and put it on a shelf in my office since I don't do
    much GUI stuff on it anymore. So I suppose it's a non-issue for me. ;)

    --
    "There is no need to teach that stars can fall out of the sky
    and land on a flat Earth in order to defend religious faith."

    • Re: 2.6.8 kernel and CD-RW
      ... On Wed, 2004-08-25 at 09:21, Randy Kelsoe wrote: ... The short answer is that it will work if you burn as root and ...
      (Fedora)
    • RE: [SLE] Problem with K3b and 9.1
      ... Any other way to burn ISO images? ... >> if loging in as root makes the burn work how do you change the ... Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com ... Please read the FAQs: suse-linux-e-faq@suse.com ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Burning mixed ownership of files to disk producing a problem?
      ... Two things happen when you try to burn mixed owner files to a CD. ... I am trying to burn some data files to DVD as a backup. ... Brasero from root won't burn the files ... Brasero will back up personal files but won't back up ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: [SLE] [k3b burn error] Read buffer capacity failed under 9.2
      ... Try to burn as a root and see if it succeeds.. ... > Burning entire 79 mins disc. ... > Power calibration successful. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: ownership/permissions of cpio initrd
      ... was/is a Debian package it looks like there is source if you'd like to build it ... Fakeroot runs a command in an environment were it appears to have root ... users to create archives with files in them with root ... I guess nobody at Debian knows that tar has a --user and --group option. ...
      (Linux-Kernel)