[SLE] IP problem

From: william van der wee (w_wee09_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 06/28/04

    Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 05:39:19 -0700 (PDT)
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    Hi all,

    I'am using SuSe 9.1 and have the following problem.
     I guess it's a basic thing.
    I have a permanent ADSL connection and have a own
    private IP number with Hostname.
    When I go to the index page of the ADSL modem I
    also see this IP number but in the modem.
    I want to run a Apache webserver with this ip number
    and hostname. But when I try to access this ip number
    or hostname with a browser, I get the index page op
    the
    ADSL modem instead of my index.html page on my
    webserver. I have installed Apache2
    with Yast and put my hostname as Apache servername.

    I also want to have remote access to this Linux PC
    over internet. But this is also
    impossible using this hostname or Ip address.

    Can somebody give me a clue, or help, to solve this
    problem.

    Thanks, also for any suggestions.

    Weeler

    • Re: [opensuse] own environment variables in init scripts
      ... in general not recommended to use env variables with apache. ... It seems to me that you are confusing 'variables' - that which gets ... HOSTNAME is not a "global variable", it is a host level setting. ... The whole point of the vhost is that it shares an IP address but not the ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Adsl modem for laptop
      ... For ADSL, all you would need is an Ethernet port on your laptop. ... My ADSL modem can use Ethernet. ...
      (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
    • Re: Advice on always on connections
      ... Could someone tell me which of the uk internet broadband ... unless you leave the computer and the ADSL modem on all the ... NTL is genuinely 'always on' from the minute your operating system, ...
      (uk.telecom.broadband)
    • Re: Netgear Router settings ?
      ... in the way of Setting "Settings" or Choosing Options ... Check that the ADSL Modem in the Router is Synching OK with the ... ADSL Phone Line. ... Connection & looking at the "Connection Status" Pages in it. ...
      (uk.people.silversurfers)
    • Re: Suggestion for Val/Aries WRT ADSL Connections etc...
      ... Modem/ Router that you Posted the Link to, ... But then there are always *loads* of Versions of Netgear (& any other ... But the Package of a DG834 *does* clearly say that it has an ADSL ... But you do have to make sure that you buy an ADSL Modem! ...
      (uk.people.silversurfers)