[SLE] IP problem

From: william van der wee (w_wee09_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 06/28/04

    Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 05:39:19 -0700 (PDT)
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    Hi all,

    I'am using SuSe 9.1 and have the following problem.
     I guess it's a basic thing.
    I have a permanent ADSL connection and have a own
    private IP number with Hostname.
    When I go to the index page of the ADSL modem I
    also see this IP number but in the modem.
    I want to run a Apache webserver with this ip number
    and hostname. But when I try to access this ip number
    or hostname with a browser, I get the index page op
    the
    ADSL modem instead of my index.html page on my
    webserver. I have installed Apache2
    with Yast and put my hostname as Apache servername.

    I also want to have remote access to this Linux PC
    over internet. But this is also
    impossible using this hostname or Ip address.

    Can somebody give me a clue, or help, to solve this
    problem.

    Thanks, also for any suggestions.

    Weeler