Re: [SLE] 9.1 Pro install problem

From: Thom Nuzum (linux_at_tendata.com)
Date: 06/30/04

    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com
    Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2004 10:37:56 -0400

    On Wednesday 30 June 2004 10:26, Darrell Cormier wrote:
    > I attempted fresh installs (twice) of 9.1 Pro on my system with a new
    > harddrive. Each time it starts loading packages from DVD it takes forever.
    > Several minutes for packages less than 1MB in size. After 2.5 hours only
    > 8% was loaded.
    >
    > I aborted the install and then attempted an 8.2 Pro install on the same
    > hardware thinking maybe the HD was giving me problems and it just completed
    >
    > Anybody know what might be happening here?
    > Any thing in the 2.6 kernel that might bog down with my hardware?
    >
    > Hardware info:
    > Asus Mobo with Athlon XP 2200+
    > 512MB Ram
    > ATI Radeon 7500
    > Maxtor 40GB (M$ XP)=hda
    > Sony DVD player = hdb
    > Maxtor 120GB, 8MB cache (new drive) = hdc
    > Plextor CDRW = hdd
    >
    > Any help is appreciated,
    > Darrell

    The few times this happened to me was with acpi. Did you try an install with
    disable acpi instead?

    • Re: HD-DVD doch erst =?ISO-8859-1?Q?n=E4chstes?= Jahr
      ... > Und genau das fehlt im Moment eben völlig und zeichnet sich noch ... > ``einfach'' wie sich der neue Kopierschutz wird knacken lassen). ... die den siegeszug der DVD ... leider komplett an Hardware. ...
      (de.rec.film.heimkino)
    • Re: Keynote (Mac ) 1 - PowerPoint (win) 0
      ... PowerPoint in win e doveva farne un DVD video. ... ma se non ci sono cose strane è ... risparmiare "hardware dedicato"). ... Usare hardware dedicato per esportare il segnale video del e ...
      (it.comp.macintosh)
    • Re: Building a new desktop: hardware advice
      ... will output DVD and MPEG movies to the TV). ... Debian community's opinion regarding my hardware selection, ... (we need both IDE and SATA, as my current 500GB hard drives are IDE) ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: TSSTcorp DVD Code 41 - DVD not playing and yellow icon
      ... "Lan Trouble" wrote in message ... successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the ... " when viewing the DVD in Device manager. ... The WinInquiery.exe from Samsung also ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
    • Re: DVD-RW drive problem
      ... You've pretty well ruled out hardware problems, software problems, OS problems. ... Maybe the write laser but not the read, or the DVD laser but not the CD. ... audio CDs & DVD roms. ...