Re: [SLE] usr-local-bin

From: Chris (
Date: 07/20/04

    To: Suse List <>
    Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 06:04:29 -0400

    On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 04:18, James Ogley wrote:
    > [As posted on Planet SuSE last night]
    > I have decided to retire usr-local-bin as a website & service this
    > summer. Come the autumn when I go to college, I'm not going to be able
    > to afford either the hosting for the site, or the time it takes up to
    > maintain the packages. Depending on how things progress, I'll release a
    > couple of GNOME 2.7 package sets (2.7.2, 2.7.4, and maybe one of the
    > release candidates), and then retire it.
    > It's been a fantastic 2 1/2 years running the site, I've loved having
    > such a visible input into the community, and providing a service like
    > this. I'll still be as active as my training allows, I'll be reading
    > lists, and hopefully finding time to contribute patches. I'll also be
    > sending all the ulb patches to the respective SUSE package maintainers.
    > Thanks to everyone who's supported the site over the years, hope you
    > enjoy this last hurrah over the summer.
    > And, remember, if you want, you can grab the .src.rpm packages and keep
    > your favourite packages (web logs suggest that's AbiWord, The GIMP,
    > XChat and Gaim) up to date.
    > --
    > James Ogley, Webmaster, usr local bin & Planet SuSE
    > Updated GNOME packages for SUSE LINUX:
    > Latest SUSE News and Blogs:

    James you and the ULB site will surely be missed by many. I do
    appreciate all your efforts and time that you have put in to it. I wish
    you well and the Best of luck in your future endeavors

    "If pro is the opposite of con, then the
    opposite of progress must be congress!"
    For additional commands send e-mail to
    Also check the archives at
    Please read the FAQs: