Re: [SLE] Stopping open mail relay in SuSE standard server.

From: Josephine (josephine_k_at_arcor.de)
Date: 07/24/04

    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com
    Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 21:25:05 +0200

    On Saturday 24 July 2004 21:15, James Knott wrote:
    > I've set up a mail server, using SuSe Standard Server, and while it's
    > now working, it appears I've also got an open mail relay running.
    > According to what I've read in the O'Reilly Postfix book, postfix is
    > supposed to default to not be an open relay. I've check main.cf and I
    > can't see anything that might be causing the open relay. Any ideas, as
    > to what I might check? I've shut down postfix, until I can resolve this
    > problem.
    >
    > Another issue. I've somehow been locked out of the graphical interface,
    > though I can log in, using ssh etc. Any idea why I can log in with ssh,
    > but not the graphical interface? Does it maintain a separate password
    > somewhere?
    >

    > tnx jk

    test your open relay here: http://www.abuse.net/relay.html just to be sure.

    Josephine

    • Re: [SLE] Stopping open mail relay in SuSE standard server.
      ... > I've set up a mail server, using SuSe Standard Server, and while it's ... > According to what I've read in the O'Reilly Postfix book, ... > can't see anything that might be causing the open relay. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Postfix
      ... I'm using postfix on Woody as a mail server. ... creating an open relay. ... relaying anywhere ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: [SLE] Stopping open mail relay in SuSE standard server.
      ... >> I've set up a mail server, using SuSe Standard Server, and while it's ... >> According to what I've read in the O'Reilly Postfix book, ... >> can't see anything that might be causing the open relay. ... Sort of defeats the purpose (or one of ...
      (SuSE)
    • RE: Ubuntu & Postfix
      ... my network is protected against such as far as I know. ... Spam is a problem this is ... One of our customers is an open relay, ... Subject: Ubuntu & Postfix ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Re: Which mailserver should I choose?
      ... >> Currently, I am still running Windows and a Windows mail server, because ... > you install an open relay and may be blocked immediately by different ... At the moment I am not even be able to send a mail from my notebook to my ... Wer nicht fuer uns ist, ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)