Re: [SLE] Adding Boot Prompt Option

From: Carlos E. R. (robin1.listas_at_tiscali.es)
Date: 08/08/04

    Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 01:05:26 +0200 (CEST)
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    The Friday 2004-08-06 at 22:08 -0000, Web Developer wrote:

    > I should have mentioned I'm using LILO, not GRUB.

    Doesn't matter: just type a '3' at the boot prompt, either grub's or
    lilo's. If you want to have a grub/lilo entry menu for that one, simply
    copy the 'linux' entry to a new one (file '/etc/lilo.conf') with a 3 at
    the end of the options line - but I find that typing a '3' at the boot
    menu is faster than navigating to the proper entry.

    If you want to make the change permanent, the "normal" way is to edit the
    '/etc/inittab' file:

    # The default runlevel is defined here
    id:5:initdefault:

    Change the '5' to a '3' for text mode only. This can also be done in yast
    somewhere, I think.

    Alternatively, simply type [ctrl][alt][F1..F6] to switch to one of the 6
    text mode consoles.

    --
    Cheers,
           Carlos Robinson