[SLE] 9.1 Freeze accessing disks on AHA-2944U and software raid

From: Chris Brandstetter (sirloxelroy_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/09/04

    Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 14:20:32 -0500
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    Dear All,
         For my home server I have a SOftware Raid array of 6 disks on an
    AHA-2944U HVD Adaptec controller. No matter which machine I put it on
    ( I have tried 3, 2 servers which also had onboard various adaptec
    controllers and one that did not) The system freezes either on boot
    when reiserfs goes to replay the journal or when it's booted and I
    manually start the raid array. Anyone else having this isuue. It
    worked fine in 8.2, and I might endup going back to that, but I kinda
    wanted to setup 9.1 on this system.

    --
    	Chris Brandstetter
    -----Begin Geek Code----