[SLE] Strange CD-ROM drive problem

From: Markus Svensson (markus.svensson2_at_spray.se)
Date: 08/09/04

    Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 21:28:53 +0200
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    Hi all!

    I'm experienceing some weired behaviour on my 9.1 Pro system after
    updating with the latest kernel and other security related updates. The
    problem is that after the update one of my CD-drives keeps opening it's
    bay door. The device is an old CD-ROM drive mounted as slave behind a
    Memorex 24Maxx CD-RW drive.

    The problem is only there in Linux, if I boot into Windows XP the drive
    keeps closed. This is getting really annoying, since I have one of those
    Chieftec chassis with a big door in front of the drives.

    Has anyone else experienced this problem, or have any cles as to what
    might be the cause?

    Regards,
    Markus Svensson