Re: [SLE] Need arts help Please??

From: Bob S. (usr_at_sanctum.com)
Date: 08/13/04

    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com
    Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 00:12:42 -0400

    On Thursday 12 August 2004 07:40 pm, Joe Sullivan wrote:
    > On Thursday 12 August 2004 08:50, Bob S. wrote:
    > > checking for glib-config... no
    > > checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.0... no
    > > *** The glib-config script installed by GLIB could not be found
    >
    > When compiling and you get an error like this (and you know you've
    > got it installed), it usually means to install the -devel package.
    > glib-devel is what you need.

    Thanks for responding Joe,

    That got me past the first one, then it was gtk-devel, now it wants
    arts-devel and that is installed.

    What is PREFIX/bin ?? I don't understand what it is asking for, as per
    following.

    *** If aRts was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
    *** your path, or set the ARTSC_CONFIG environment variable to the
    *** full path to artsc-config.

    Sure would appreciate the additional help. Maybe someday I will
    understand all of this.

    Bob S.

    Might not be able to respond for a few days. Hurricane Charley is
    bearing down on me. (Tampa Florida)

    • RE: Error: Cant load /cygdrive/c/Oracle/Ora81/bin/Oracle for module DBD::Oracle...
      ... The main thing to remember here is DON'T unpack distributions into the Perl ... to make a 'src' directory for compiling in my home directory. ... You've now messed up your Perl library directories somewhat, ... You should get away with this so long as you haven't tried to install any ...
      (perl.dbi.users)
    • SUMMARY: Compiling X11R6.8.2 or 6.8.1 or 6.8.0 - more info - it now compiles!
      ... If you're running on Solaris 10, ... Subject: SUMMARY: Compiling X11R6.8.2 or 6.8.1 or 6.8.0 ... working on this install - there must not be much call for X11R6.8.? ... but DID manage to get Xvfb compiled and installed from within the X ...
      (SunManagers)
    • Re: Bands on an EEE PC
      ... I have tried the compiled linux install ... This is almost certainly an issue about libraries. ... the simplest in terms of library deps) and try compiling it. ...
      (rec.games.roguelike.angband)
    • Re: directShow samples dont build and/or regsvr32
      ... install is a brand new machine w/ VS2005 installed. ... If compiling with the solutions you *will* need the SDK include and the ... Iain Downs (DirectShow MVP) ...
    • Re: r235510: recent buildworld fail
      ... # CFLAGS controls the compiler settings used when compiling C code. ... # or supported for compiling the world or the kernel - please revert any ... # The list of languages and encodings to build and install ...
      (freebsd-current)