Re: [SLE] how to ignore an update?

From: Patrick Shanahan (paka_at_wahoo.no-ip.org)
Date: 08/13/04

    Date: Fri, 13 Aug 2004 11:59:14 -0500
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    * Jorge Fábregas <fabregasj@prtc.net> [08-13-04 10:58]:

    > I had the same question the other days. I was reading a tutorial on
    > YOU...and it was telling "if it's green you have no update...if it's
    > red..etc". I always have it red since there are updates which I don't
    > want to install. Therefore I need to check every day to see if there
    > are new ones...because the "icon color" feauture is useless (in this
    > scenario).
    >
    > I really don't know if SuSE is aware of this or is there any work-around?
    > Suggestions are welcome :)

    remove
      /etc/cron.d/yas2-online-update

    add to root's crontab
      MAILTO=<your-user-name>
      15 2 * * * /usr/bin/online_update -s

    and you will receive an email each day telling you what patches are
    available and your icon color should not change to red.

    HOG # US1244711           Photo Album:  http://wahoo.no-ip.org/photos