[SLE] Locate (~updatedb) problem with dvdrecorder drive...

From: Peli (pelibali_at_freemail.hu)
Date: 09/01/04

    Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 20:26:08 +0200 (CEST)
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    Hello,

    I tried to define, that independently, what is or isn't in my dvdrecorder
    device, 'updatedb' should not check it's content.
    Now even, that I think I managed it on the right place with YAST's
    Sysconfig Editor, 'locate' reports still an error as:

    /usr/bin/find: /media/dvdrecorder: No medium found

    Could anybody tell me, what I'm doing wrong?!

    Thanks in advance,
    Peli

    • Re: [SLE] update locate
      ... > Run updatedb. ... It gets run by default every night at quarter past midnight. ... Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com ... Please read the FAQs: suse-linux-e-faq@suse.com ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [SLE] update locate
      ... > Much simpler that doing an updatedb and waiting for it. ... you are going to search for several files, it makes sense to run updatedb. ... Check the headers for your unsubscription address For additional commands send e-mail to suse-linux-e-help@suse.com Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com Please read the FAQs: suse-linux-e-faq@suse.com ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [SLE] A bothering "find" in SUSE10
      ... Thanks a lot for you detailed information! ... do you mean I can set the update running time to a certain time by run "updatedb" only once at that certain time? ... Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com ...
      (SuSE)