Re: [SLE] Remote Desktop Connection

From: Jophn Deo (jophndeo_at_concepts.nl)
Date: 09/10/04

    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com
    Date: Fri, 10 Sep 2004 07:59:54 +0200

    On Thursday 09 September 2004 21:03, Maura Edeweiss Monville wrote:

    Does it have to be a GUI connection?
    > I tried to connect from my desktop PC running SuSE 9.1 to the computer in
    > the Division I'm moving to (they all use Windows in there) .. I
    > succeeded by using the SuSE provided Remote Desktop Connection.
    >
    > Now my question is: Can people I'll be working with, who (unfortunately)
    > use Windows XP, connect to my computer running Linux/SuSE 9.1 ?
    > They regularly use RDC for connections among Windows computers.
    > I've just found out it's possible to connect from Linux to Windows.
    > I wonder if the opposite way works too, that is from Windows XP
    > to Linux/SuSE ??? If the answer is YES then what should they use
    > (protocol/package) and what should they know about my computer (domain,
    > IP, etc..) ?
    > All the computers are on a network.
    >
    > Thank you in advance for your help.
    >
    > Maura

    • Re: Ping Alan!
      ... Are there any error events on the MC system when the laptop submits a job? ... I can see and share files btwn my Windows XP home machine and my Windows ... computers has this problem, so I do not think that it is the 10 ... XP Home and you'd exceeded the 5 connection limitation..... ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
    • Re: Ping Alan!
      ... I assume you have deleted the connection from the laptop and then added it ... Windows Printing Team ... I have checked all the computers and printers ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
    • Re: Windows XP timesout with Authentication requests
      ... connecting to a 2003 SBS server and everything was fine. ... Since I've purchased and upgraded all the computers to Windows XP, ... Account username and password then the connection would be reconnected, ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: Error 0x0000000d in network printer
      ... connection to a shared printer. ... Windows Printing Team ... Error message when you try to install a network printer on a Windows ... We have the following problem in 10 windows Vista Computers recently ...
    • Re: No Sharing Button After Installing Internet Connection Sharing
      ... button is missing from the Internet Options dialog box. ... connection that I want to share with another Windows XP computer. ... Right-click your dial-up connection. ... To connect the computers using a router, ...