[SLE] Problems mounting second Linux drive...

From: Tom Nielsen (tom_at_neuro-logic.com)
Date: 09/14/04

    To: Suse <suse-linux-e@suse.com>
    Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:30:55 -0700

    Hi All...

    I upgraded my system and did a fresh 9.1 install on the new drive.
    Everything's working fine there. I just added my old drive so that I could
    copy files over, but I'm having problems reading it after I mount it. My old
    drive is all reiserfs and I thought the system should pick it up upon
    startup, but I guess not.

    Yast2 gave me the information about the drive, so I guess it sees it.

    I ran "mount -t reiserfs /dev/hdd4 /mnt/old" I get no errors after mounting,
    but when I tried to cd to a directory on it, it just hangs. /hdd4 is my root
    partition. I'm trying to copy over my /srv/www/htdocs stuff.

    The only difference is that my old disk is 32-bit and the new disk is 64-bit.
    Both were done in 9.1.

    Any thoughts?

    --
    Tom Nielsen