[SLE] Problems mounting second Linux drive...

From: Tom Nielsen (tom_at_neuro-logic.com)
Date: 09/14/04

    To: Suse <suse-linux-e@suse.com>
    Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 10:30:55 -0700

    Hi All...

    I upgraded my system and did a fresh 9.1 install on the new drive.
    Everything's working fine there. I just added my old drive so that I could
    copy files over, but I'm having problems reading it after I mount it. My old
    drive is all reiserfs and I thought the system should pick it up upon
    startup, but I guess not.

    Yast2 gave me the information about the drive, so I guess it sees it.

    I ran "mount -t reiserfs /dev/hdd4 /mnt/old" I get no errors after mounting,
    but when I tried to cd to a directory on it, it just hangs. /hdd4 is my root
    partition. I'm trying to copy over my /srv/www/htdocs stuff.

    The only difference is that my old disk is 32-bit and the new disk is 64-bit.
    Both were done in 9.1.

    Any thoughts?

    --
    Tom Nielsen
    Neuro Logic Systems

    • Windows on Mac - how to.
      ... No-nonsense instructions for those "in the know". ... A custom slipstreamed CD is required to install XP on a Mac. ... This procedure WILL WIPE YOUR iMAC DISK CLEAN. ... Partition the disk in two using the OSX CD: ...
      (uk.comp.sys.mac)
    • Re: xp on intel Mac from usb stick?
      ... Would it be possible to run windows xp native from a usb stick? ... A custom slipstreamed CD is required to install XP on a Mac. ... partition managers but if you're feeling adventurous you may ... This procedure WILL WIPE YOUR iMAC DISK CLEAN. ...
      (comp.sys.mac.apps)
    • Re: Renaming question
      ... since I do not have a restoration disk or partition for the computer, ... Wipe the hard disk and do a fresh and clean install of Windows. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: OT Dual Boot
      ... the MBR and then will only boot "supported" Windows ... The extended partition gets ... That also makes disk imaging usable. ... When I install an OS I back it up as a disk image, ...
    • Re: Dual Boot 98SE and XP on two hard drives with PartitionMagic
      ... >> I have never used the boot manager tools of Partition Magic ... >> on a slave disk. ... > 6) Install XOSL via a bootable floppy ... Primary master disk, primary partition 1, hidden: ...