Re: [SLE] [General] System requrements for X-station

From: Matt T. Duval (mduval_at_healthtrans.com)
Date: 09/15/04

    To: Rikard Johnels <rikjoh@norweb.se>
    Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:21:07 -0600

    I think 1GB NIC in the server and 10/100 on the clients would be fine if
    you use a switch.

    --
    Thank you,

    Matt Duval
    Sr. Systems Engineer
    HealthTrans
    www.healthtrans.com
    "Transforming Healthcare, One Transaction At A Time"
    (720) 493-8252
    6061 South Willow Drive
    Suite 125
    Greenwood Village, CO 80111

    • Re: Digital switch over query
      ... > switch and, if necessary, upgrade the NICs in the PCs that are intended ... possible gigabit speed. ... possible out of whatever combination of link connections that arise in ... test results for FreeNAS and the Ubuntu server ...
      (uk.tech.digital-tv)
    • Re: Why OTA HD will go away
      ... gigabit capability is going to be a hard thing to do. ... one will need quite a bit of bandwidth ... it is wireless, but it is not wireless in the sense most people think ... which it posits such things as gigabit wireless communication and everyone ...
      (alt.tv.tech.hdtv)
    • Re: probably an easy routing question, so please help
      ... plugged into the same gigabit switch as Server B in Block 2 and they ... from a 10Mb link to the router and the computers are both hooked into ... router with gig ports, you will potentially have limits for any ...
      (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
    • Re: probably an easy routing question, so please help
      ... plugged into the same gigabit switch as Server B in Block 2 and they ... from a 10Mb link to the router and the computers are both hooked into ... router with gig ports, you will potentially have limits for any ...
      (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
    • Re: Off topic: network switch question
      ... Any cheap networking device will be suspect and have bad reviews. ... A good 10/100 switch will outperform a cheap GB switch just due to how well it can process and foreword data to the next hop or machine. ... the product's ability to connect gigabit devices at gigabit speeds when there are also 100Mbs devices connected to the switch? ... It turns out that some of the brand-name units like Netgear models do NOT provide gigabit networking in a mixed environment -- i.e., if just one device connected to the switch is 10 or 100 Mbs only, then the switch runs ALL of its connections at that slower rate, even if the other computers have gigabit NICs. ...
      (alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus)