[SLE] SuSE lizard boot splash

From: radioact1ve (radioact1ve_at_gmail.com)
Date: 09/27/04

    Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 00:23:23 -0400
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    Hello everyone!

    I was able to compile my own kernel with no errors the first time (on
    SuSE 9.1). Very nice and easy. But I was wondering if there is any
    that I can get that nice boot splash with my own kernel? The one with
    the suse lizard and it says at the top, "press F2 for details" Is this
    possible?

    --
    - Miguel
    radioact1ve@gmail.com

    • Re: Extremely slow Suse 9.2pro
      ... > First, the kernel shipped with suse is NOT preemptible, as I feared. ... If the machine runs like a dog with the SuSE compiled kernel as well as ... packages until you find the one that is faulty and double check the flags ... which were set during the compile... ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: reiserfs
      ... The linux kernel is surprisingly easy ... >> to configure and compile, which is amazing considering its complexity. ... The mistake I made the first time was trying to ... all unstable modules, which in my case included my maestro3 soundcard, ...
      (Debian-User)
    • [SLE] Xen Kernel problem (Compilation and DMA problem)
      ... (My settings are listed at the bottom). ... My first problem is that if I boot into Xen the kernel hangs while ... the suse firewall. ... one should compile only the specific IDE driver into the ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: updating SuSE 8.1 --> 10
      ... >> impossible to do just a new installation of SuSE 10. ... >> kernel and stick in the CD, or do I need to recompile it myself? ... >> If I need to compile the new kernel myself, ... >package is just a front end to turn on or off switches in the kernel. ...
      (comp.os.linux.setup)
    • Live Distro With Compile Tools
      ... I used slackware for about a year, then i decided to give suse a try. ... to upgrade the kernel but i cant because of the compiler issue). ... i downloaded knoppix and slax (live distros) in hope that they would ... gui as long as it includes ncurses-devel (so i can compile my kernel) ...
      (alt.linux)