Re: [SLE] ls -l

From: Stephen (stephen_at_mirramar.fsnet.co.uk)
Date: 10/01/04

    Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2004 18:49:03 +0100
    To: "suse-linux-e@suse.com" <suse-linux-e@suse.com>

    steve-ss wrote:
    > I want to see the size of a directory. That's the directory
    > and all its contents as a single number of bytes. It seems
    > quite basic but man, info and google/linux have given me
    > nothing. Is it possible?

    du -hs /path/to/directory

    is what you want

    man du, for description of the options.

    Steve

    • RE: [SLE] Remote X Sessions
      ... Check the headers for your unsubscription address ... For additional commands send e-mail to suse-linux-e-help@suse.com ... Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com ... Please read the FAQs: suse-linux-e-faq@suse.com ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [SLE] Strange partial freeze
      ... Check the headers for your unsubscription address ... For additional commands send e-mail to suse-linux-e-help@suse.com ... Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com ... Please read the FAQs: suse-linux-e-faq@suse.com ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [SLE] Im tired--9.2
      ... > Check the headers for your unsubscription address ... > For additional commands send e-mail to suse-linux-e-help@suse.com ... > Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com ... > Please read the FAQs: ...
      (SuSE)
    • RE: [SLE] BCM5703X nic loses ip connectivity sporadically--Correction: Its a BCM5700
      ... Check the headers for your unsubscription address For additional commands send e-mail to suse-linux-e-help@suse.com Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com Please read the FAQs: suse-linux-e-faq@suse.com -- ...
      (SuSE)
    • [SLE] Boot problem after accidental poweroff
      ... Check the headers for your unsubscription address ... For additional commands send e-mail to suse-linux-e-help@suse.com Also check ... Also check the archives at http://lists.suse.com ... Please read the FAQs: suse-linux-e-faq@suse.com ...
      (SuSE)