Re: [SLE] Website won't stay open with Mozilla. Where to begin looking for a fix?

From: peter Nikolic (p.nikolic1_at_btinternet.com)
Date: 10/05/04

    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com
    Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 09:37:57 +0100

    On Tuesday 05 Oct 2004 01:32, Gil Weber wrote:
    > I'm using SuSE 9.1 pro and Mozilla 1.6. For months I have had no problems.
    > Then about 2 weeks ago I started having problems with one website. Other
    > than regular updates using the Yast2 on-line update feature and RedCarpet
    > (KDE and Pacman updates only), I have not made any changes. To the best of
    > my knowledge I have not changed any settings.
    >
    > When I go to this site -----> http://www.optiboard.com/forums/ my
    > browser calls up the home page. No problem. Then when I click on any of the
    > discussion forums (for example, "General Discussion Forum"), that page
    > opens without problems.
    >
    > Then....
    >
    > If I click on any discussion thread within that forum (or on ANY discussion
    > thread in ANY other forum on this website), the page opens to the thread
    > but then Mozilla immediately closes.
    >
    > This is the only website where I am having this problem. I don't have any
    > idea where to begin looking for a fix. I have contacted the webmaster but
    > he is a Windows person and can provide no assistance.
    >
    > Any ideas, gurus?
    >
    > Thanks!
    > Gil

    Try an updated version of Mozilla 1.7.3 off the mozilla site seems ok ,
    Just tried the site in question works ok .

    Sorry if this appears twice looks like BT are playing tricks again one of
    these days people are going to leave things be but someone does not like me
    connecting with Linux and they WILL get toasted /fried/baked/burnt soon.

    Pete .

    --
    			Linux user No: 256242
    			Machine    No: 139931

    • Re: [SLE] Website wont stay open with Mozilla. Where to begin looking for a fix?
      ... On Tuesday 05 October 2004 01:32, Gil Weber wrote: ... > Then about 2 weeks ago I started having problems with one website. ... > than regular updates using the Yast2 on-line update feature and RedCarpet ... to do the decent thing and produce standards compliant pages, if not, tell ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [SLE] Website wont stay open with Mozilla. Where to begin looking for a fix?
      ... On Tuesday 05 Oct 2004 01:32, Gil Weber wrote: ... > Then about 2 weeks ago I started having problems with one website. ... > than regular updates using the Yast2 on-line update feature and RedCarpet ... I have just tried that site using Mozilla 1.7.3 and it works ok no sudden ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Access is denied after applying security updates
      ... I am pleased that my website works for you as it means that the ... But wen I switched it ON, I saw the bar and allowed my page for popup. ... But when I deleted the updates I could popup again ... ... So I deleted the installation of the above updates and now it works again. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
    • Re: symantec website
      ... >have norton antivirus and firewall, ... >updates because when I try to sign on to symantec website, ... Install and run Spybot. ...
    • Re: Problem with one website only
      ... I haven't installed any updates recently, ... I manually install all critical updates, ... from the Windows Update website as they become available. ... >> Safely Delete the Temporary Internet Files ...