[SLE] locate

From: Marek Pawinski (pawinski_at_webstorm.co.za)
Date: 10/12/04

    Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 04:04:53 +0200
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    Hi

    I am using Suse 9.1 Personal. Is there a locate command ? I can't seem
    to find it on the ftp site either.

    Marek

    • Re: [SLE] trying to compile & no gcc??
      ... > I extracted the tarball and ran the ./configure command and found thaet I ... Is there any way to download gcc for Suse 8? ... source to point to an FTP site that has it, I am sure, from YaST. ... Linux user# 313696 ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [SLE] Please Help ! gtk fonts -Solved !!
      ... found out that I did not have gnome-control-center installed. ... To all who advised me it would be in Control Center; ... gnome-control-center must be run from the command line. ... There is not a word anywhere from SuSE about these things and their ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [opensuse] Re: simple LAN
      ... No. Kenneth on this list learned me about the command ip a which is ... not mentioned in O'Reilly's Nutshell or the SuSE manual. ... about how to find unknown IP addresses of computers in a LAN. ... if your internet router acts as a firewall for your ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Installing packages
      ... Suse is there a command line packaging system similar to either urpmi ... Can I configure Yast software management to download software from ... opened up the gui installer and installed it from CD1 & 2. ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: [SLE] printer loss [susepro 9.1]
      ... > I found that I had added port 631 to the firewall and the ... What does the command kcmshell printmgr show? ... required that you set a cups admin passwd with lppasswd -g sys root in ... UNIX since 1989, linux since 1994, SuSE since 1998 ...
      (SuSE)