[SLE] KDE3.3.1

From: Russ (russbucket_at_centurytel.net)
Date: 10/16/04

    To: "Suse-Linux-e" <suse-linux-e@suse.com>
    Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 18:39:19 -0700

    I'm new to Linux and am trying to update my KDE3.2.1 to 3.3.1. When I do the
    update from supplemental and then check dependences I get a list of over 40
    programs it wants to remove and several it says it needs. Is there a document
    somewhere that explains the steps to use when dependences are found. I don't
    want to just delete stuff and I'm assuming I can use YAST to get the programs
    (like update to arts) that it says it needs.

    I search the SUSE website but only found reference to updates and YAST. A
    readme file would be fine.

    I'm using SuSE 9.1 Pro.

    --
    Russ

    • Re: [SLE] KDE3.3.1
      ... >somewhere that explains the steps to use when dependences are found. ... >I search the SUSE website but only found reference to updates and YAST. ... (I suggest that you use the adanced search) ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [SLE] KDE3.3.1
      ... > a document somewhere that explains the steps to use when dependences are ... Easiest is to do the following with YaST: ... Add the ftp.gwdg.de ftp site as an http installation source. ... choose "Update installed packages only" and uncheck "delete ...
      (SuSE)
    • How to know the dependence between .jar files?
      ... dependences between .dll files. ... In Linux, we can use "ldd" utility to show the dependences between .so ...
      (comp.lang.java.programmer)