Re: [SLE] OOo and MySQL under 9.1 doesn't work.

From: George Stoianov (gstoyanoff_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 11/18/04

    Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:56:14 -0500 (EST)
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    Hi Steve,

    I believe 9.2 provides a JAVA driver MySQL you have to
    make sure you are using the right one or it is not
    trying to use 2 of them. Even though the problem you
    have is rather strange as it implies that you can get
    connected but cannot read anything after that. If at
    connection time OO can see the database server and
    cannot read anything after that it may mean that the
    driver is not functioning properly. You may try
    backing up and reinstalling as finding broken links
    seems to be harder at least for me.

    Good luck.
    George

     --- steve-ss <mail@steve-ss.com> wrote:
    > After an upgrade from SuSE 9.1 to 9.2 I can no
    > longer
    > connect to my MySQL database tables.
    >
    > I'm using JDBC connector/J3 and MySQL as the data
    > type. I
    > can setup a new data source but on clicking the
    > 'tables' I
    > get nothing. My
    >
    > I can see the tables no problem at the mysql command
    > line.
    > Has anything changed (apart from the cryptic new
    > directory
    > where OOo live under I'm using this connector from
    > the
    > MySQL site:
    > mysql-connector-java-3.0.8-stable-bin.jar
    >
    > Anyone else? Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks, Steve.
    >
    > --
    > suse-linux-e-help@suse.com
    > Please read the FAQs: suse-linux-e-faq@suse.com

    • Re: VFP8 & MySQL
      ... > VFP functions like NVL to a MySQL one, definitely it made the switch very ... > About your connection problem, I have mine setup as default for 100 ... As for the server, we left it ... The server crashed and corrupted the database. ...
    • Re: Does apache stop a script mid execution ?
      ... If the user calls a time consuming script and then stops or refreshes ... How does it relate to e.g. a script performing a large mysql query? ... 2.b) how the connection is set up. ... the server stops the script execution. ...
      (comp.lang.php)
    • Re: VFP8 & MySQL
      ... Main Location and 3 branches (these are remotely accessing MySQL at the main ... About your connection problem, I have mine setup as default for 100 ... As for the server, we left it alone. ... The server crashed and corrupted the database. ...
    • MySQL on Win 98
      ... I'm just getting into MySQL and I'm trying to learn about it at home. ... and created a DSN connection for it. ... User: root ... ODBC Data Source Administrator and get a "success" result. ...
    • Re: Java and MySql program example ?
      ... > I am trying to learn Java and need an example program with MySql ... > MySql database. ... Database connection established ...
      (comp.lang.java.programmer)