Re: [SLE] cd rom mount error

From: Sunny (sloncho_at_gmail.com)
Date: 11/29/04

    Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 12:02:59 -0600
    To: SuSE email list <suse-linux-e@suse.com>

    On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 12:52:45 -0500, Joe Zitnik <jzitnik@hfcc.net> wrote:

    > I tried them all already, but here is again:
    >
    > # mount /dev/cdrom /media/cdrom
    > /dev/cdrom: Input/output error
    > mount: block device /dev/cdrom is write-protected, mounting read-only
    > /dev/cdrom: Input/output error
    > mount: you must specify the filesystem type
    >
    > # mount /dev/hdc /media/cdrom
    > /dev/hdc: Input/output error
    > mount: block device /dev/hdc is write-protected, mounting read-only
    > /dev/hdc: Input/output error
    > mount: you must specify the filesystem type
    >
    > # mount -t iso9660 /dev/hdc /media/cdrom
    > mount: block device /dev/hdc is write-protected, mounting read-only
    > mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hdc,
    > or too many mounted file systems

    I haven't used Suse 8.x, but ... can you see the device in yast?
    Hardware/CDROM ?

    Sunny

    --
    Get Firefox

    • Re: Ubuntu cant see usb drive
      ... password for douglasdoug: ... mount: you must specify the filesystem type ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Re: FC6 and floppy mounting
      ... in FC6 ... mount: you didn't specify a filesystem type for ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Recursive chmod/chown OOM kills box with 32MB RAM
      ... >> mount: you must specify the filesystem type> ... > what happens if you actually specify the fs type? ... To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in the body of a message to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx More majordomo info at http://vger.kernel.org/majordomo-info.html Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/ ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: mount options
      ... mount: unknown filesystem type '0x83' ... You don't need to specify anything else. ... to specify the filesystem type, ... Don't touch anything, but take a screenshot. ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: mount LVM?
      ... When I "man mount" I don't see an LVM option. ... specify the filesystem type. ...
      (Fedora)