Re: [SLE] eMovix DVD

From: Sunny (sloncho_at_gmail.com)
Date: 12/13/04

    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com
    Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 06:13:17 -0600

    > OK, i try a short summary.
    >
    > someone says, that the emovix cd's can not boot.
    >
    > There are two tips to solve the problem.
    >
    > a) it's said, the the emovix version from packman does not work
    > and you should deinstall it and get a newer version like
    > emovix-0.9.0pre1
    >
    > b) after boot, cd stays on boot prompt and you have to type (after the
    > message
    > "cannot find kernel" appears): /isolinox/kernel/vmlinuz
    >
    > does that help you?
    >
    > Andreas

    Andreas, thanks.
    I tried (b) in vmware, it started to boot (failed as well, but maybe because
    of the vmware). I have no time now to reboot, but I'll try both of the
    suggestions and report back to the list.

    Sunny

    --
    Get Firefox

    • Re: [SLE] eMovix DVD
      ... that the emovix cd's can not boot. ... Most probably there are some other boot options. ... One way or another, I uninstalled this rpm, as in the other post it ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [SLE] eMovix DVD
      ... > Unfortunately, this is in German, and even with google's ... > translation I'm not ... that the emovix cd's can not boot. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Quick Question re VMware
      ... I have the following DRI operating systems running under VMware ... The AT patched version of CP/M 1.1 is needed to avoid problems ... To make the virtual machine look more like an old PC try the ... Boot virtual machine from CP/M 1.1 floppy and run HDMAINT. ...
      (comp.os.cpm)
    • Re: Quick Question re VMware
      ... I have the following DRI operating systems running under VMware ... The AT patched version of CP/M 1.1 is needed to avoid problems ... To make the virtual machine look more like an old PC try the ... Boot virtual machine from CP/M 1.1 floppy and run HDMAINT. ...
      (comp.os.cpm)
    • Re: PC boot block programming madness
      ... BootSignature DW 0xAA55; boot signature, to make BIOS detect my disk ... VMWare and real world computers won't output any visible text. ... Bochs outputs the text just as I would expect it to be ...
      (comp.lang.asm.x86)