Re: [SLE] apt-get and packman

From: Patrick Shanahan (
Date: 12/17/04

    Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2004 17:59:16 -0500

    * Mike Adolf <> [12-17-04 17:53]:
    > How to I change/edit my sources.list file to include packages from the
    > packman site?

    add 'packman' and 'pakcman-i686' to the 'rpm ftp://...' line and, if
    you also get sources, to the 'rpm-src ftp://...' line.

    note: good idea to also have 'rpmkeys' in the 'rpm ftp://...' line

    Patrick Shanahan                        Registered Linux User #207535                        @
    HOG # US1244711           Photo Album:
    For additional commands send e-mail to
    Also check the archives at
    Please read the FAQs:

    • Re: [SLE] Kaffeine and DVDs
      ... you will need to install: ... You will also need libdvdread and libdvdnav if you want the dvd menus to work. ... For legal reasons I don't believe the packman site has this one. ... Then you can use Yast->Install and Remove Software to install these packages. ...
    • Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.3 - Is it really that bad?
      ... The only way I can play them is through ... from the Packman site - due to fairly recent changes in German law ... he does link to the site for the DeCSS ... Also there are a lot of other ancillary packages you may ...
    • Re: [SLE] Problems with Xine
      ... Rikard Johnels wrote: ... All the packages you need are on the packman site. ... (By Matt Welsh) ...
    • Small apt repository for development tools
      ... I have created a fc3 apt repository containing a selection of packages ... rpm-src fedora/3/i386 gemi ...