Re: [SLE] TV out on a Voodoo3

From: Josephine (Josephine_at_jaykay.org)
Date: 01/09/05

    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com
    Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2005 16:15:28 +0100

    On Sun, 2005-01-09 at 15:04 +0000, David Chapman wrote:
    > I,m struggling to get the TVout on my Voodoo3 graphics card to work.
    > This is installed in a box that I hope to use for MythTV
    > Has anyone had success with this card and could you tell me how or is there a
    > better card that I should be looking for.

    I think you are reffering to the Voodoo3 3000. It works quite easy by
    installing nVidia drivers and adding the following lines to XF86Config,
    Section "Device":
    Option "ConnectedMonitor" "TV"
      Option "SecondMonitorVertRefresh" "60"
      Option "SecondMonitorHorizSync" "30-50"
      Option "MetaModes" "1024x768, 1024x768; 800x600, 800x600;
    640x480, 640x480;"
      Option "TwinView" "on"
      Option "TwinOrientation" "Clone"
      Option "CursorShadow" "on"
      Option "TVOutFormat" "COMPOSITE"
      Option "TVStandard" "PAL-B"
      Screen 0
      Option "Rotate" "off"
      VendorName "NVidia"

    Replace the TV-Standard with the one from your contry

    Josephine

    • Getting Radio/TV on Debian.
      ... success so far installing it in my Debian m/c running Sid,currently ... The card is a Prolink Pixelview Play TV Pak modelPV-Bt878P+ Rev4E ... Inserting the bttv module using parameters indicated in the bttv ... 00:02.2 USB Controller: Silicon Integrated Systems SiS7001 USB ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Live TV messed up
      ... Installed the new PVR 150 tuner card and live tv is working fine. ... is comparible to the ATI 550 TV Theater Pro card. ... I have high hopes that installing it will cure the problem! ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
    • Re: Tvtime & Hauppauge Win TV Express problems
      ... The TV tuner card is Hauppauge Win TV Express, ... is what has gone wrong with Tvtime? ... so had some problems installing the Tv ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Verizon Aircard Software disables Ethernet port?
      ... BTW, when installing access manager, chose the option for the card only. ... I disconnected his Ethernet wired connection to his office LAN, ...
      (alt.cellular.verizon)
    • D-link PCMCIA card on a laptop PROBLEMS
      ... the card, when XP finds the card tel it to search your CD- ... you might want to try it first without installing the SW. ... >freezes, and the only thing I can do is RESET the laptop, ... has windows 98. ...