Re: [SLE] ftp

From: Kai Zhang (cmskzhan_at_gmail.com)
Date: 01/14/05

    Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:02:30 +0000
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    1. Check you have the right to put a file on the server first. It
    sounds to me you have read only acess to the ftp server.
    2. make sure you are in ascii mode (cmd: ASCII)
    3. passive mode? (cmd: PSV)
    4. still no go? what's the err msg?

    On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:01:50 +0000, Fergus Wilde <fwilde@chethams.org.uk> wrote:
    > On Friday 14 January 2005 09:35, Mark Panen wrote:
    > > Hi
    > >
    > > Say i am using ftp from the command line.
    > >
    > > I got the get command to work ok. But i would like to put a file say
    > > off my /home/mark/ftp dir onto a ftp site. I try "put
    > > /home/mark/ftp/pic.txt" but this does not seem to work.
    > >
    > > What would be the correct method ?
    > >
    > > Mark
    >
    > You have logged on to ftp first, yes? I mean you are at the ftp prompt having
    > successfully connected to the server ...
    >
    > That being the case and assuming the ftp server is setup to accept things from
    > you, dunno - try putting from the current directory and just giving the
    > filename as an argument? Uneducated guess ...
    >
    > ftp> put pic.txt
    >
    > HTH
    > Fergus
    >
    > --
    > Fergus Wilde
    > Chetham's Library
    > Long Millgate
    > Manchester
    > M3 1SB
    >
    > Tel: +44 161 834 7961
    > Fax: +44 161 839 5797
    >
    > http://www.chethams.org.uk
    >
    > --

    • [Full-disclosure] Rapid7 Advisory R7-0032: Microsoft Internet Explorer FTP Command Injection
      ... Microsoft Internet Explorer FTP Command Injection Vulnerability ... malicious files to an FTP server under the attacker's control, ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: Microsoft FTP Server problem on W2K?
      ... It is a UNISYS ClearPath mainframe system that is trying to FTP using ... passive mode to a MS FTP server. ... Currently the mainframe FTPs in ACTIVE mode. ... Since the mainframe pushes files to our customers over a WAN connection, ...
    • RE: trouble using ftp.exe to connect to external site
      ... FTP site thru IE but cannot access thru ftp command line. ... Standard mode FTP client sends PORT commands to the FTP server. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
    • Re: FTP server navigation problem
      ... I use freebsd7.2 and can't access my friend's FTP server (crystal FTP ... I can't run any command in the ftp server, ... EXTENDED PASSIVE MODE AND FIREWALLS ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • RE: FTP Upload
      ... FTP server to the following specified size. ... //set or get the remote path of the FTP server that you want to connect. ... //set the class MessageString. ...