[SLE] toshiba america ethernet: Connection problem

From: Thom Nuzum (thom_at_tendata.com)
Date: 01/21/05

    To: <suse-linux-e@suse.com>
    Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 23:59:19 -0500

    Hi folks,

    I got a shiny new Toshiba M45 that will not internet. It has a Toshiba
    america info ethernet controller configured with DHCP.
    Connected to a router ( always worked on other hardware).The Intel Pro
    Wireless I have left unconfigured to get this working first. Lights on plug
    in and works in Windows boot mode no problem
    I have everything set to DHCP and still no connection.
    ifconfig shows eth0 configured with no TX RX. There is a L0 local loopback
    listed also. Never had to deal with this. Any ideas? thanks.