[SLE] toshiba america ethernet: Connection problem

From: Thom Nuzum (thom_at_tendata.com)
Date: 01/21/05

    To: <suse-linux-e@suse.com>
    Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 23:59:19 -0500

    Hi folks,

    I got a shiny new Toshiba M45 that will not internet. It has a Toshiba
    america info ethernet controller configured with DHCP.
    Connected to a router ( always worked on other hardware).The Intel Pro
    Wireless I have left unconfigured to get this working first. Lights on plug
    in and works in Windows boot mode no problem
    I have everything set to DHCP and still no connection.
    ifconfig shows eth0 configured with no TX RX. There is a L0 local loopback
    listed also. Never had to deal with this. Any ideas? thanks.

    • Re: Router install problem
      ... that's the Internet (the Wide Area ... LAN side of the router is ... "Internet Connection Wizard" are relevant to the way I was trying to ... and 5 buttons on the left (Wizard, Wireless, WAN, LAN, DHCP). ...
    • Re: Router install problem
      ... that's the Internet (the Wide Area ... LAN side of the router is ... "Internet Connection Wizard" are relevant to the way I was trying to ... Click the DHCP button. ...
    • Re: Router as an Access Point?
      ... >Is it possible to use a router as an Access Point? ... access point into your 5 IP address connection, ... your ISP's DHCP server is smart enough to know if an IP ... This will get you back to the configuration screens. ...
      (alt.internet.wireless)
    • Re: Coffee shop wifi will not give me IP address, but gives everyone else IP address. But static IP
      ... with a Dell Wireless 1490 Dual B and WLAN Mini-Card ... I set up my connection ... But the router NEVER ... they're using the default OS wifi settings, DHCP, etc. ...
      (alt.internet.wireless)
    • shared wireless setup dhcp problems (long)
      ... We are provided a wired connection to the hotel network which ... I need to provide a wired connection to 10 rental computers and ... Setup a wireless router and hang the other machines off of it. ... I bought a Airlink Plus router and used it to act as a DHCP ...
      (alt.internet.wireless)