Re: [SLE] Missing audio in 9.2

From: Joe Morris (NTM) (Joe_Morris_at_ntm.org)
Date: 01/22/05

    Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 11:46:24 -0600
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    Patrick Shanahan wrote:
    >* Michael W Cocke <cocke@catherders.com> [01-22-05 09:00]:
    >
    >>My SuSE 9.2 system was working great, then I ran YOU, and now I'm
    >>missing most of my audio. Xmms works, almost none of the kde system
    >>notifications do. I recall reading that there's an update that needs
    >>to be backed out, but I don't remember the details. Can someone give
    >>me a pointer?
    >>

    >IIRC, dl the src.rpm for alsa and rebuild it on your box, then reinstall.

    Make that arts.

    --
    Joe Morris
    New Tribes Mission

    • Re: Missing audio in 9.2
      ... > My SuSE 9.2 system was working great, then I ran YOU, and now I'm ... > missing most of my audio. ... Xmms works, almost none of the kde system ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: [SLE] Missing audio in 9.2
      ... > My SuSE 9.2 system was working great, then I ran YOU, and now I'm ... > missing most of my audio. ... Xmms works, almost none of the kde system ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Cant play CDs on SuSE 9.0
      ... >> how to play audio CD's using my SuSE 9.0 professional ... >> they are getting the KsCD GUI coming up visibly on ... >> The SuSE 9.0 personal manual says there is another audio CD ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: iTunes Match
      ... Would be useful if tethered to a reliable internet source, ... Looks like some background is missing. ... By coincidence I'm currently transferring a few CDRs per week from my old ... CDR audio recordings to being FLAC files. ...
      (uk.rec.audio)
    • Re: FC4, automount and audio CD
      ... I have set the kde file association for .wav to xmms. ... Audio CDs are not comprised of wave files, ... has me configure a device and the usual mount point. ... It also has options for analogue playback (via an audio cable between ...
      (Fedora)