Re: [SLE] Failed rpm build

From: Polarizer (Polarizer_at_Codixx.Com)
Date: 02/15/05

    Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 09:03:51 +0100
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    > make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/packages/BUILD/libdvdread-0.9.4'
    > + cd /var/tmp/libdvdread-0.9.4-2.pm.1/usr/lib
    > /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.97757: line 26:
    > cd: /var/tmp/libdvdread-0.9.4-2.pm.1/usr/lib: No such file or directory
    > error: Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.97757 (%install)
    > RPM build errors:
    > Bad exit status from /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.97757 (%install)
    > EasyStreet:/usr/src/packages/SPECS #
    >
    > The next to last entry from make states "/usr/lib: No such file or
    > Directory" That is true, but I have a /usr/lib64 directory and there are
    > 5 libdvd files in it.
    >
    > Any ideas on how I can make this rpm build for me ??
    >
    > Bob S.

    You may adapt the libpath with an option of "configure" command or you
    can build a rpm w/o the spec file provided with the source using
    "checkinstall -t rpm make install". Try it, works fine for me. Maybe
    checkinstall is not installed yet on your system, so try "yast2 -i
    checkinstall".

    Hope that helps

    The Polarizer

    Polarizers at its best
    http://www.glasspolarizer.com

    • Re: [SLE] Failed rpm build
      ... Stia wrote: ... >5 libdvd files in it. ... >Any ideas on how I can make this rpm build for me ?? ... For additional commands send e-mail to suse-linux-e-help@suse.com ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [SLE] Failed rpm build
      ... Ken Schneider wrote: ... >>5 libdvd files in it. ... >>Any ideas on how I can make this rpm build for me ?? ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: spec file for rpms
      ... UNIX Systems Administrator ... I want to make a rpm from a program source. ... One fairly good one is CheckInstall ... standard package management utilities. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: [opensuse] Re: Checkinstall dropped from Opensuse [Was: Compiling the Suse way]
      ... This discussion is *NOT* about rpm source packages or something like that. ... Where is the build root there? ... Many source tar-balls don't even support DISTDIR in the Makefile, and one has to go through hoops to get information what is installed my make install to create a spec file afterwards. ... I wouldn't have the foggiest idea how to construct a chroot to build the things I do with checkinstall now. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [SLE] Impossible to install program
      ... I just built a i386 rpm using the above instructions. ... BTW -- checkinstall is awsome. ... >> Scott Leighton wrote: ... > Please read the FAQs: ...
      (SuSE)