Re: [SLE] Audigy2 (Value?) help needed

From: William H Lugg (wlugg_at_falconbroadband.net)
Date: 04/07/05

    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com
    Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 18:30:23 -0600

    I feel your pain. I've got the same situation. Best I can tell is that you
    need to upgrade the kernel to 2.6.11 and Alsa to 1.0.8. I updated to Alsa
    1.0.8, but didn't update the kernel and it now recognizes the card, but I
    still don't get any audio.

    I'll be doing the kernel update soon and will try to remember to post my
    results to the list.

    HTH

    --
    Bill Lugg
       Milstar Software Support
    On Tuesday 05 April 2005 3:27 pm, John B wrote:
    >   Hey all,
    >
    >   I'm running 9.2 Pro, and according to ALSA, this Audigy2 card should be
    > supported.
    >   I've run the YaST hardware thing for sound cards, and it has 'audigy' in
    > the list, but when I choose this, the next page shows up with an error
    > reading
    >
    > 'The kernel module snd-emu10k1 for sound support could not be loaded'
    >
    >   Does anyone have any idea what might be happening here? I swapped my
    > SoundBlaster Live! with this new(er) Audigy2 card and the Live! was working
    > fine. I've got the latest rpm's for alsa from Packman's site (1.0.8 I
    > believe), and the stock kernel for 9.2. If anyone has any ideas, I'd sure
    > appreciate them. I just got me a set of Logitech Z-680's and I'd sure like
    > to be able to use them, heh.
    >   Also, I tried to look through the list, but with dial-up, it's just such
    > a painful slowness, so if y'all can, forgive me for not doing more looking
    > there (I looked for a couple hours yesterday...ugh).
    >
    >   John B

    • Re: via kt600
      ... but it's not supported by linux. ... but I had to transplant in my kernel an updated driver from ALSA ... support on these things was a problem back in November, ...
      (comp.os.linux.hardware)
    • Re: how to start the sound system
      ... when i start alsaconf i get no supported pci card. ... Sarge might be too old to support your hardware. ... The only difference is that i have the kernel 2.6.19rc2. ... I tried to compile alsa for myself because i think i have to use a newer ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: how to start the sound system
      ... Sarge might be too old to support your hardware. ... The only difference is that i have the kernel 2.6.19rc2. ... I tried to compile alsa for myself because i think i have to use a newer ... Maybe it is better to try getting the sound ...
      (Debian-User)
    • unsubscribe
      ... >>removed APIC from the kernel completely. ... >>I am having no luck getting sound to work. ... > Otherwise I suggest you run xmms in a terminal and try to play something. ... xmms plays just fine via tha Alsa ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: new install, sound not working (+2 bonus problems)
      ... sid + 2.6 kernel is pretty bold for a new user, ... I've spent a lot of time messing with ALSA under the 2.4's, ... Did you only compile ALSA stuff, ... you show me the sound portions of the .config for this kernel? ...
      (Debian-User)