[SLE] anti-Exchange

From: Khanh Tran (khanh_at_slc.edu)
Date: 04/15/05

    Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 18:45:25 -0400
    To: <suse-linux-e@suse.com>

    This isn't specific to SuSE, but I'm looking for good arguments against
    my network going to Exchange, other than it's just bad. So, I'm asking
    Linux and other related mailing lists for assistance on gathering
    documentation on why Linux/Unix-based mail systems are better than
    Exchange for >2,000 user sized networks, specifically in education.

    Any help is grately appreciated.

    Khanh Tran
    Network Operations
    Sarah Lawrence College

    • Re: Suse Linux 10.1 User password
      ... Once you have got SUSE installed, spend some time playing with it. ... Get used to Linux. ... network connections with windows is really essential. ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: Same two Domain Names in the same network
      ... in migrating exchange from old server to the new. ... Both these domain exist in the same network. ... "Meinolf Weber" wrote: ... roles can only be on a dDC not on a member server. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.dns)
    • Re: Suse Linux: Free, convoluted, confused and bug riddled.
      ... Suse is a good nix...but you might want to try Xandros. ... It will get onto the internet through my Network Router (even ... > printers and have no hope of trying to network it with my Windows network. ... > I'm not trying to flame Suse, I desperately want to work on a Linux System ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • RE: Exchange <--> Outlook Monitoring
      ... communication are: The people involved in the communication (i.e. the ... traversing a network. ... to the exchange server and mount their mailbox. ... You should scan this message and any attachments for viruses. ...
      (Security-Basics)
      ... I had checked the FSMO roles on both the DC's ... Both the DC's are running in the same network(same physical network same IP ... exchange from old server to the new. ... "Meinolf Weber" wrote: ...