[SLE] Portable Linux apps...

From: Jim Flanagan (linuxjim_at_jjfiii.com)
Date: 04/30/05

    Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 22:36:37 -0500 (CDT)
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    Further to my earlier post about portable kmail, what would stop someone
    from making a portable anything, and haveing it boot in a small linux from
    a flash card?

    It could be anything that would fit on the card. It could boot and run the
    app or apps. You could have storageless computers, boot linux, and run
    whatever app was present as well. Just your app on a stick. No installed
    OS. No storage to keep/save cookies, crumbles, or other bits of your
    online DNA. Just boot, do your stuff, and get on with more important
    stuff, like. Sending money to me.

    Just kidding. About the other stuff, not about sending me money :)

    Anyway, maybe someone is working on this already.

    Sorry for the more ramglings. If this type stuff is too OT, let me know
    and I'll switch it to suse-ot.

    --
    Jim Flanagan
    linuxjim at jjfiii.co