Re: [SLE] Eclipse Update Manager broken?

From: Anders Johansson (andjoh_at_rydsbo.net)
Date: 05/01/05

    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com
    Date: Sun, 1 May 2005 00:28:45 +0200

    On Sunday 01 May 2005 00:25, Mike McCallister wrote:
    > Hi folks!
    >
    > I've been playing a little bit with Eclipse 3.0. I installed it on my SUSE
    > 9.2 system with YaST, but when I try to update to Eclipse SDK v3.0.2
    > through the Eclipse Update Manager, it won't complete the process. It
    > appears to connect, download and verify the updated files, but quits when
    > trying to install a file. Error message reads:
    >
    > Unable to complete action for feature "Eclipse Project SDK" due to errors.
    > Unable to complete action for feature "Eclipse Platform" due to errors.
    > Unable to create file
    > "/usr/share/eclipse/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.2/META-INF/MANIFEST111489798
    >3762.MF".
    > [/usr/share/eclipse/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.2/META-INF/MANIFEST111489798
    >3762.MF (Permission denied)]
    > Unable to create file
    > "/usr/share/eclipse/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.2/META-INF/MANIFEST111489798
    >3762.MF".
    > [/usr/share/eclipse/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.6.2/META-INF/MANIFEST111489798
    >3762.MF (Permission denied)]
    >
    > /usr/share/eclipse is owned by Root, and I have changed the permissions
    > of /usr/share/eclipse to allow the Eclipse group (of one user--me) to
    > Read,Write and eXecute to any file and dir in the branch. I'm running
    > Eclipse as the User, as I would expect to.

    what is the output of "ls -l /usr/share/eclipse/plugins/" then? And what is
    the output of "id" ?

    • Re: [fedora-java] Re: What is going on with Eclipse, and PUP? [SOLVED, but other issues]
      ... You can't *update* things installed as RPMs. ... can, however, install new things. ... target directory is a bug and all packages should be user-definable ... The eclipse SRPM is the Eclipse SDK and is divided up by Eclipse ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: A constructive debate: Eclipse or NetBeans?
      ... With Eclipse you do: ... compiling the trivial OpenGL demos with JOGL using "ant" is vastly more ... Sun's Java implementation. ... Automatic install and setup of many standard libraries. ...
      (comp.lang.java.softwaretools)
    • Re: Unrelieved black popups and message boxes
      ... But now that you mention Eclipse, I installed it recently, just to try to build a development environment for Android mobile apps. ... I also hear from another source that this issue has plagued F16 and F17, in the first weeks following their respective releases. ... Well, I missed F16 completely, and didn't install F17 until November, when the release cycle was almost gone. ...
      (Fedora)
    • RE: FC4 - Eclipse problem
      ... >An Eclipse feature is a collection of Eclipse plugins. ... what I mean - is say that I manually install the WST bundle into ... >surprised that your latest update came from JPackage. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Problem running eclipse
      ... I'm have no experience at all with Java and I just installed Eclipse ... install itself in /usr/share and because I don't have write permission ... console and running Eclipse again as root user. ... !MESSAGE An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.eclipse.ui.workbench. ...
      (comp.lang.java.help)