Re: [SLE] Copy spool mail files?

From: Carlos E. R. (
Date: 05/30/05

    Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 11:40:52 +0200 (CEST)
    To: SLE <>

    The Monday 2005-05-30 at 04:15 +0200, Anders Johansson wrote:

    > All mailboxes are owned by user cyrus, only root and cyrus can work with the
    > mailboxes, everything is stored in /var/spool/imap and there are caches and
    > other things that I really doubt procmail would be able to do the right thing
    > with. The naming scheme is also non-standard. Altogether too many hoops to
    > jump through for no benefit at all. sieve works, for almost all purposes

    I wasn't thinking of using procmail for cyrus - I'll take your word for
    it, and it makes sense to me :-)

    No, I don't think it would work unless the imap server is designed with
    procmail in mind; same as with postfix: it can handle local delivery, or
    give it to procmail, kind of improved local delivery agent.

           Carlos Robinson
    For additional commands send e-mail to
    Also check the archives at
    Please read the FAQs:

    • Tracking down mail server bottleneck...
      ... which is invoked by procmail on a per user basis. ... When I use "top" and watch the processes, I see spamassassin processes ... so I see no reason for local delivery to take so ...
    • Re: the mail trail...sendmail
      ... > procmail) to handle local delivery. ... Sendmail runs the program it's ... > Don't get confused to think Procmail is a filter. ...
    • Re: block emails with Fetchmail...
      ... into the folder? ... Not sure I understand how procmail works I thought it ... Well basically procmail is a Local Delivery Agent, which means that once configured correctly ... calls for example spamc then it can filter spam messages also. ...
    • [opensuse] Re: MTA agent clarity and usefulness
      ... deliver and a procmail that does filtering of local delivery. ... I never moved away from sendmail, ...
    • Re: block emails with Fetchmail...
      ... When you say fetchmail "delivers them locally", ... fetchmail passes the mail on to a local mda for ... Either can work with procmail, as long as your local smtp ... daemon is using procmail for local delivery, ...