Re: [SLE] Copy spool mail files?

From: Carlos E. R. (robin1.listas_at_tiscali.es)
Date: 05/30/05

    Date: Mon, 30 May 2005 11:40:52 +0200 (CEST)
    To: SLE <suse-linux-e@suse.com>

    The Monday 2005-05-30 at 04:15 +0200, Anders Johansson wrote:

    > All mailboxes are owned by user cyrus, only root and cyrus can work with the
    > mailboxes, everything is stored in /var/spool/imap and there are caches and
    > other things that I really doubt procmail would be able to do the right thing
    > with. The naming scheme is also non-standard. Altogether too many hoops to
    > jump through for no benefit at all. sieve works, for almost all purposes

    I wasn't thinking of using procmail for cyrus - I'll take your word for
    it, and it makes sense to me :-)

    No, I don't think it would work unless the imap server is designed with
    procmail in mind; same as with postfix: it can handle local delivery, or
    give it to procmail, kind of improved local delivery agent.

    --
    Cheers,
           Carlos Robinson