Re: [SLE] Cheap UK-available SATA card recommendations?

From: Gervase Chavasse (g_chavasse_at_onetel.com)
Date: 06/08/05

    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com
    Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 16:03:12 +0100

    On Wednesday 08 June 2005 15:00, Fergus Wilde wrote:
    > Thanks to Jack and Ken - Jack recommends using 3ware SATA cards, but here
    > in the UK the only ones I seem to be able to find are hundreds of pounds.
    >
    > Anyone recommend a cheap SATA card available in the UK that will give
    > reasonable performance and allow me to attach SATA disks reliably to SuSE
    > 9.2 / 9.3 installations?
     I don't know about cheap but I just bought a MSI K8T Neo 2 FIR motherboard
    from Novatech for about 74. It has 4 SATA and 2 IDE connections and works
    fine with Suse 9.3. I also got an AMD 64 bit processor but that's another
    story.

    Gervase Chavasse

    • Re: [SLE] Cheap UK-available SATA card recommendations?
      ... >the UK the only ones I seem to be able to find are hundreds of pounds. ... >Anyone recommend a cheap SATA card available in the UK that will give ... >reasonable performance and allow me to attach SATA disks reliably to SuSE ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [SLE] SuSE 9.0 and S-ATA RAID
      ... I tested SATA with two motherboards and different ... installing from scratch: ... SuSE 9.0 cannot work with sil3114 yet. ...
      (SuSE)
    • [SLE] To SuSE Gurus : Unable to install SuSE 9.3 or 10 on my new computer.
      ... Nothing more for SuSE, but contrarily to SuSE database advice, ... Mandriva Linux 2006, not only it installs on my SCSI disk, but it ... recognize the SATA controller, installs the driver and start Linux ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [SLE] Re: No SATA HD detected when installing SuSE 10.1 beta 9 x86_64
      ... I tried to install SuSE 10.1 beta 9 x86_64. ... SuSE 10 x86_64 work fine with SATA? ... I had to use the irqpoll kernel parameter for SuSE 10 to recognize my ... controller, etc. is trully supported for production use. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [SLE] Start-up Problem
      ... I, like many here, want all our SuSE ... It's repeatable under Linux but not under Windows, ... >> using a SATA drives, you should probably just disable all the SATA ... Perhaps you do have some bad hardware, though it's hard to what what ...
      (SuSE)