Re: [SLE] 9.3 resmgr fails on boot - what to check?

From: Carlos E. R. (robin1.listas_at_tiscali.es)
Date: 07/10/05

    Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 01:44:27 +0200 (CEST)
    To: Suse Linux <suse-linux-e@suse.com>

    • Re: Display Problems
      ... > It sounds like the X server has the incorrect video card selected, ... > HOWTO on installing nVidia drivers in SuSE: ... > you initially start the PC, after the BIOS tests and device recognition ... > stopped, you can type in boot parameters, one of them is the 3 to boot to ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • [opensuse] Co-existing in a dynamic network Howto?
      ... I have several computers running SuSE and use fstab to do a number of automounts of file systems that exist on other computers within our network. ... I use fstab to define what I want automounted, so as to be able to run some scripts that access available remote file systems during boot up. ... during boot up, if the automount process finds one computer that does not exist, it times out and seems to give up on mounting any of the rest of the computers in the list. ...
      (SuSE)
    • [opensuse] Bugs: in SuSE11 - Grub boot & fsck.xfs enhancement[sic]
      ... But that wasn't the syntax that the SuSE installer placed in my boot file. ... isn't that a fundamental bug or flaw in how SuSE is setting ...
      (SuSE)
    • [SLE] GRUB/RAID/Root Partition problem
      ... I am running SuSE 9.1 on a dual boot system with XP Home. ... /dev/hda7 35.1GB Linux RAID ... Last night after moving the computer's location, SuSE locked up on load. ... I have around 100GB of data on the RAID partitions that I ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [SLE] SUSE install hangs at splash screen
      ... It hangs as described in the ... > this, normally the CD boot works, and the installed sytem boots normally. ... So it is obviously something that SUSE doesn't like about the ... graphics subsystem on this PC, which seems to be an onboard 3dfx, with no AGP ...
      (SuSE)