RE: [SLE] SPAM Filtering

From: Marlier, Ian (ian.marlier_at_studentuniverse.com)
Date: 07/29/05

    Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 09:08:00 -0400
    To: <suse-linux-e@suse.com>

    Take a look at fetchmail.

    It's been a while since I've used it, so I'm not going to try to go into configuration details.

    But I did have it set up, a couple of years ago, to grab mail from a POP server, deliver it to amavisd-new (which ran spamassassin and clamav on it), and from there it was delivered to mailboxes. (I think I used postfix as my local MTA, but could be wrong.)

    It does require a number of programs operating together to get it to work, but they're all very well documented and you should be able to get up and running quickly.

    (Apologies for sticking the reply above the original. Stupid &*@#$% Outlook Web Access doesn't really have a better option.)

    - Ian