Re: [SLE] SPAM Filtering

From: Mark Spieth (mspieth_at_teamcmi.com)
Date: 07/29/05

    Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 08:23:35 -0500

    Take a look at Mailscanner with spamassassin. It works well, and is easy
    to setup with sendmail.

    http://www.sng.ecs.soton.ac.uk/mailscanner/

    On Fri, 2005-07-29 at 12:48 +0000, a.bridge@insightbb.com wrote:
    > We currently POP our email from a hosting company. They do some SPAM filtering
    > but a lot still gets thru. I know Exchange has a feature that can be setup to
    > POP the email and then distribute it to the users. That way you can put SPAM
    > filters on it for filtering.
    >
    > However, we are on a very tight budget and was wondering if anyone is doing this
    > sort of filtering with an open source product like Postfix, Sendmail, or
    > whatever. Or, if someone has different idea.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Aaron

    • How can I pass auth info to Smart_host
      ... Setup: Gentoo Linux ... reflect a fresh restart of sendmail then a cmdline mail attemtp. ... Using mail -v I see some of the smtp conversation but it gets to the ... MASQUERADE_ASdnl ...
      (comp.mail.sendmail)
    • Smtp auth where does the secret stuff get injected
      ... This time its Gentoo linux: ... setup sendmail and keep on stepping. ... local sendmail to pass the right auth to the remote smtp Smart_host. ...
      (comp.mail.sendmail)
    • Re: Message Tracking?
      ... no I don't have spam filtering on the Exchange ... We are running Sendmail on our gateway and using SpamAssassin ... > tear down and delivery to individual recipients. ... > Server thinks it is tearing down the list. ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange2000.connectivity)
    • Re: Message Tracking?
      ... no I don't have spam filtering on the Exchange ... We are running Sendmail on our gateway and using SpamAssassin ... > tear down and delivery to individual recipients. ... > Server thinks it is tearing down the list. ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange2000.admin)
    • Re: Message Tracking?
      ... no I don't have spam filtering on the Exchange ... We are running Sendmail on our gateway and using SpamAssassin ... > tear down and delivery to individual recipients. ... > Server thinks it is tearing down the list. ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange2000.information.store)