[SLE] System Freeze

From: Chip Cooper (chip.cooper_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/03/05

    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com
    Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 15:22:26 -0400

    I am running suse 9.2, KDE 3.4.2 and kernel 2.6.8-24, and have been having an
    annoying problem that seems to be getting worse. Whenever I play either a mp3
    or listen to streaming music from the net, the system will freeze
    completely--not even able to switch to terminal & I end up having to reboot.
    Now it is happening if I play mpegs as well. No luck with Google and not sure
    how to proceed in debugging this issue. I am beginning to wonder if it is a
    hardware problem or IRQ issue, because a while ago I gave 9.3 a try, and it
    would still freeze when playing mp3 or streaming music. Pretty clueless. Any
    advice or pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

    Cheers,

    Chip