[SLE] System Freeze

From: Chip Cooper (chip.cooper_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/03/05

    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com
    Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2005 15:22:26 -0400

    I am running suse 9.2, KDE 3.4.2 and kernel 2.6.8-24, and have been having an
    annoying problem that seems to be getting worse. Whenever I play either a mp3
    or listen to streaming music from the net, the system will freeze
    completely--not even able to switch to terminal & I end up having to reboot.
    Now it is happening if I play mpegs as well. No luck with Google and not sure
    how to proceed in debugging this issue. I am beginning to wonder if it is a
    hardware problem or IRQ issue, because a while ago I gave 9.3 a try, and it
    would still freeze when playing mp3 or streaming music. Pretty clueless. Any
    advice or pointing me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

    Cheers,

    Chip

    • [SLE] System freeze
      ... annoying problem that seems to be getting worse. ... Now it is happening if I play mpegs as well. ... would still freeze when playing mp3 or streaming music. ...
      (SuSE)
    • howto read an audio CD?
      (Debian-User)
    • Boysenberries
      ... Do they freeze it before play? ... Otherwise it would be awfully messy. ... They've learned that freezing isn't a good solution, ...
      (alt.usage.english)
    • Re: Windows Media Player
      ... Another way of playing mp3 is by using the multimediacontrol: ... > using to play a file is ... > It plays the file ok, but won't call the end of stream routine. ...
      (microsoft.public.vb.controls)
    • Re: Recorded TV problem in MCE ONLY
      ... I tried the NVIDIA decoder. ... most other stations simply freeze up or don't show up at all. ... if I open MCE and ask to play live ... As for the DVD, yes I am playing it through MCE no problem. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)