[SLE] Network printing on 9.3

From: Ulrich Leopold (uleopold_at_science.uva.nl)
Date: 08/04/05

    Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 12:45:28 +0200 (CEST)
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    Dear list,

    I am running SuSE 9.3 on a Dell Inspiron 8200 Laptop. I am currently trying to
    configure the network printer properly. I managed to configure a ricoh Aficio
    2045 on an LPD server. When I print a test page it works perfectly. But
    whenever I want to print as a user or root later, nothing happens. I don't
    know whether the printjob gets stuck somewhere. 'lpq'doe snot give much
    information. Just that it's ready to print and that there are no print jobs
    queued.

    Any idea how to solve this and where to look. I am using gnome. I tried from
    gnome applications and via 'lp' and 'lpr'on the command line either as root
    and a user. Nothing works except printing test pages.

    I would appriciate your help.

    Cheers,
    Ulrich

    • Re: Apple recommending anti-virus software for Macs?
      ... > To be ultra-safe with the 'rm' command, ... Not a bad idea for root, It would drive me nuts in my user account. ... downloads directory and executing it. ... That I type an EOF is a trivial difference versus 'sudo' exiting ...
      (comp.sys.mac.system)
    • Re: [ squeeze ] Grub2 RAID1 LVM2 boot failure
      ... insmod mdraid ... That UUID it's not the same that grub will use for boot. ... the `root` partition from the point of view of grub is the partition ... BTW this command is undocummented in the wiki, ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: [opensuse] su - -c $command user ???
      ... I'd like to calculate a command-string as root and pass it with su ... into the context of a unprivileged user to run the command not as ... Basically I need to know $d after the daemonuser created and filled ... Note the echo isn't really going to be a fully valuable ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: System-users and-groups?
      ... bin shouldn't do so much. ... was root and bin... ... Although the daemon user/group are ... as that user runs that command. ...
      (alt.linux)
    • RE: remote ssh for root
      ... forced-commands-only option set, you have to have the command option set. ... execution as root. ... > This message contains confidential information and is ...
      (SSH)