[SLE] Network printing on 9.3

From: Ulrich Leopold (uleopold_at_science.uva.nl)
Date: 08/04/05

    Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2005 12:45:28 +0200 (CEST)
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    Dear list,

    I am running SuSE 9.3 on a Dell Inspiron 8200 Laptop. I am currently trying to
    configure the network printer properly. I managed to configure a ricoh Aficio
    2045 on an LPD server. When I print a test page it works perfectly. But
    whenever I want to print as a user or root later, nothing happens. I don't
    know whether the printjob gets stuck somewhere. 'lpq'doe snot give much
    information. Just that it's ready to print and that there are no print jobs
    queued.

    Any idea how to solve this and where to look. I am using gnome. I tried from
    gnome applications and via 'lp' and 'lpr'on the command line either as root
    and a user. Nothing works except printing test pages.

    I would appriciate your help.

    Cheers,
    Ulrich