[SLE] disappearing HD (slightly OT)

From: mikael persson (zen22843_at_zen.co.uk)
Date: 08/04/05

    Date: Thu, 04 Aug 2005 22:20:19 +0100
    To: Suse Linux <suse-linux-e@suse.com>

    Hi list,
    this post is mildly related to linux, feel free to ignore if it's way
    OT. I thought this might be my best place to turn to.

    I just reinstalled w2k on my suse/w2k machine. After this one of my NTFS
    partitions disappeared on me in w2k. Partition magic can see it but
    claims it to be corrupted.
    Now the really strange thing is that NTFS partition works excellently
    under linux.
    Anyone who's got an idea of how to resurrect it in w2k? As I imagine
    that would be my only way of converting it into something suse could
    both read and write.

    regards,
    Mikael

    • Re: Windows multiboot (aaargh!)
      ... >> The Linux boot floppy is a bit more tricky. ... So I tried adding cfdisk to a spare Debian Woody boot ... > I reduced all the partition sizes by a third. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Linux, XP, Win2003 Server multi-boot
      ... Go to PC magazine's web site and do a search on "partitioning for linux" to see articles and reviews about partitioning philosophy and tools. ... Tools are now available in many bootable CD based Linux distributions to resize the C: partition of your disk drive to make room for Linux. ... I finally got the new machine - it came with one of those 'recovery' disks - and a 5 gig recovery partition that isn't supposed to be deleted. ... Once I feel I have everything in order - always lose something when I get a new computer - I'll format that disk and install Linux & Win2003 on it I guess. ...
      (alt.os.linux.redhat)
    • Re: Linux Windows dual boot not restoring properly
      ... Linux is showing the Windows folders in its file manager under the name of what effectively was drive C. ... decreases that Windows partition size in order to make a partition ... And at startup, can scan the hard drives, for partition types it ...
      (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
    • Re: Panasonic HD Recorders - What disk format?
      ... The earlier part of this is more about what may be Linux partitioning, ... might be possible to present the recorder with a larger disk already ... Most DOS/Windows utilities such as FDisk, Ghost, and Partition Magic Pro ... prompts to format it. ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Disc Partitioning for Multi-Boot (long)
      ... We need to get the data off of the NTFS partition. ... But the next question is how to partition the drive so Windows and Linux ... The fdisk supplied with Windows 98 cannot manage that disc. ... How shall I make a multi-boot system out of that machine, ...
      (Fedora)