[SLE] Strange NFS Problem

From: Art Fore (art.fore_at_comcast.net)
Date: 08/08/05

    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com
    Date: Sun, 07 Aug 2005 15:57:34 -0700

    I have a Suse 9.3 server running NFS server with two users, afore and
    lilo

    >From my client, also Suse 9.3, running NFS Client, I see the shared
    directories afore & lilo. File ownership is as it should be, afore for
    afore directory and lilo for lilo directory.

    I Lilo's machine is running Suse 9.2. First of all, when I setup the NFS
    client in Yast and try to select for the file system, it cannot find
    anything. I enter the /home directory same as on my Suse 9.3 machine.
    When I finish, it takes a long time for Yast to start the services
    again.

    I check the mount point, and the two directories are there, but afore as
    ownership of lilo and lilo folder has ownership of 2002!

    So, why does the select remote filesystem not work in 9.2 and work in
    9.3 and why to the ownerships show up different on the two client
    machines.

    Server is set to allow all hosts and the firewalls turned off on all
    machines for test purposes.

    Art

    • Re: [SLE] Strange NFS Problem
      ... Did you create the users on the different machines explicitly to have ... Log in as lilo on each machine and type "id" you want to see the same ... File ownership is as it should be, afore ...
      (SuSE)
    • RE: remote upgrade from Redhat 8.0 --> 9.0
      ... i do have an FTP/HTTP server. ... can you use FTP/HTTP instead of NFS... ... mount the img file via loopback) to the machines to each machine ... THe lilo stanza looks like this: ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: MBR kaputt? Grub laesst sich nicht installieren.
      ... Lilo ließ sich installieren, und damit konnte ich das neue Debian ... Der Server sollte möglichst schnell wieder ans Netz gehen! ...
      (de.comp.os.unix.linux.misc)
    • Re: [SLE] Slow Network Connection
      ... > We couldn't send any largish attachments because the server couldn't stay ... > connected with the receiving server long enough to transfer the ... Passing the kernel parameter 'nolapic' solved my problem with the ... (If using lilo, don't forget to run lilo after making the change) ...
      (SuSE)
    • X server not getting connected
      ... I am having redhat linux 7.3 and rtlinux-3.1. ... I will be loading either of the two using lilo. ... when i load redhat linux X server runs without any problems,xdm works ...
      (comp.os.linux)