Re: [SLE] Just installed 9.3 and having some problems with video card and monitor -- any ideas?

From: Matt Hurd (matt.hurd_at_gmail.com)
Date: 08/10/05

    Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 16:45:30 +1000
    To: Gil Weber <gil@gilweber.com>

    >Gil Weber <gil@gilweber.com> wrote:

    <snip>
    > I am really interested in finding out if anyone has had success with any PCI
    > video card. Maybe this entire exercise has been doomed from the start? If so,
    > at least we've all learned something! :o)

    I use both PCI express slots for other cards on my workstations here
    and use PCI nvidia cards on Suse 9.3 x86-64 somewhat happily. I tried
    Matrox quad mms pci cards but they don't work under x86-64 with
    multiple screens and Matrox don't care. The PCI nvidia ( XpertVision
    FX 5200 PCI ) ones I'm using now use dual screens happily. Portrait
    mode not being supported in twinview by the nvidia driver is my only
    grumble.

    Matt.

    • Re: ATI Radeon 9600se VS ATI X300se
      ... if Phil's motherboard only has PCI Express slot he should be aware ... higher end PCIex cards burn much hotter- think about system cooling. ... > computer that uses AGP graphics cards. ... Note that computers that use PCI Express 16 video cards ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
    • Re: More than one audio codec on a PC mobo
      ... The goal was to use sound chips because of their attractive pricing ... If you don't want to roll your own cards, find a Magma PCI cage. ...
      (sci.electronics.design)
    • Re: More than one audio codec on a PC mobo
      ... The goal was to use sound chips because of their attractive pricing ... If you don't want to roll your own cards, find a Magma PCI cage. ...
      (sci.electronics.design)
    • Re: What motherboards are based on Intel 915 and Intel 945 chipsets
      ... The vendors of the cards prefer Intel because in ... known to work well with PV149 or Kodicom series DVR cards I'll be glad ... Is 1 PCI bus enough? ... I suspect that if you are using 5 capture cards, ...
      (comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips)
    • Re: SCO Technical Articles to say "tata".
      ... > cards in a machine that needs to perform well. ... It's good that ISA ... The pci version are also much ... When they ported to sco, ...
      (comp.unix.sco.misc)