Re: [SLE] apt-get and libpangocairo

From: Paul Cartwright (paul_tbot_at_pcartwright.com)
Date: 08/15/05

    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com
    Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 19:56:24 -0400

    On Sun August 14 2005 5:14 pm, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
    > I always suspected there was a *real* reason for all those "man"
    > pages.  Imagine the knowledge which might be gained if the man pages
    > were consulted prior to posing questions in the lists.....
    from Nice, to NOT NICE ;(
    I've read man pages for 20 years. You still have to know what you are
    looking for, and man apt.conf is not something I would have looked
    for.
    And if we were all smart like you and looked everything up in man
    pages, there wouldn't be a need for this list.

    --
    Paul Cartwright
    Registered Linux user # 367800

    • Re: [SLE] apt-get and libpangocairo
      ... On Sunday 14 Aug 2005 22:14, Patrick Shanahan wrote: ... <SNIP> ... Imagine the knowledge which might be gained if the man pages ... > were consulted prior to posing questions in the lists..... ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Strange question.
      ... So I take it that this means it is a rectilinear lens; ie, it projects straight lines to straight lines. ... At some point in the morning, the sun will enter the frame on the right hand side; draw an imaginary line in the sky, parallel to the horizon and passing through this point (that is, not in the film plane or on a print, but imagine it drawn on the sky). ...
      (rec.photo.digital.slr-systems)
    • Re: Curved is the new flat
      ... well I had sight so I can imagine most things unlike people who have ... reminding them which way the sun shines in the opposite hemisphere. ...
      (uk.tech.digital-tv)
    • Re: Getting my head around generics.
      ... >> compile without a warning. ... Can you imagine the debates at Sun about how to do generics when ...
      (comp.lang.java.programmer)
    • Re: The sorry state of SUNW
      ... You have to know that Microsoft wouldn't even bother ... >> dealing closely with Sun unless they can either buy or crush them. ... The harder onese, however, are the apps that actually sell workstations: ... to Solaris/x86 is going to take more coersion than I can imagine. ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)