[SLE] ipw2200 firmware

suse_at_911networks.com
Date: 08/15/05

    Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 08:54:27 -0700
    To: SuSE-Linux-E@suse.com

    Hi ,

    I am trying to update the firmware from 2.2 to the current
    version 2.3 of ipw2200.

    I have downloaded the firmware from ipw2200.sourceforge.net,
    unpacked the files and copied them to the /lib/firmware
    directory, but SuSE still loads the 2.2. If I delete the 2.2, it
    can't find the firmware on boot.

    What controls which file is loaded for the firmware? and how do
    I changed it?

    --
    Thanks
    http://www.911networks.com