Fwd: [SLE] How to install 10.0 to a computer without CD/DVD

From: HG (hg.list_at_gmail.com)
Date: 10/08/05

    Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 14:33:04 +0300
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    Hello!

    > Try the Admin Manual...oops sorry, I forgot ;-)))))

    I tried - from SuSE 9.3. But no help there. Google didn't help either.

    So, I did this on the server:
    1) mount the iso with: mount SUSE-10.0-EvalDVD-i386-GM.iso -o loop -t
    iso9660 /tftpboot
    2) Open YaST2 + Network Services + TFTP server
    3) There select enable (Firewall is disabled) and set boot image
    directory to /tftpboot/
    4) Select Finish

    Then I go to the laptop. Select PXE boot. Then it scans for the DHCP
    for a while, but then doesn't find any boot image (and continues to
    boot with the old OS).

    What am I doing wrong?

    --
    HG.