Fwd: [SLE] How to install 10.0 to a computer without CD/DVD

From: HG (hg.list_at_gmail.com)
Date: 10/08/05

    Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 14:33:04 +0300
    To: suse-linux-e@suse.com

    Hello!

    > Try the Admin Manual...oops sorry, I forgot ;-)))))

    I tried - from SuSE 9.3. But no help there. Google didn't help either.

    So, I did this on the server:
    1) mount the iso with: mount SUSE-10.0-EvalDVD-i386-GM.iso -o loop -t
    iso9660 /tftpboot
    2) Open YaST2 + Network Services + TFTP server
    3) There select enable (Firewall is disabled) and set boot image
    directory to /tftpboot/
    4) Select Finish

    Then I go to the laptop. Select PXE boot. Then it scans for the DHCP
    for a while, but then doesn't find any boot image (and continues to
    boot with the old OS).

    What am I doing wrong?

    --
    HG.

    • Create a boot image.
      ... I would like know about how can I create a boot image like Knoppix??? ... I searched in google about a documentations to help me, ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Server 2008 WDS - no images after Capture
      ... I have set up Windows Deployment Services on a Windows 2008 Server and added ... capture boot image so that I can "upload" my SysPrep'd Windows XP image. ... PXE booted to the Capture Boot image and was able to upload my image to the ... WDS Server (though I could not connect to a network share, ...
    • Re: [opensuse] [slightly OT:] DHCP and Windows (yuck...)
      ... will serve up the boot image, as well as the boot image name. ... Windows dhcp server. ... The problem is that the windows server is faster at ... is described as pointing to the tftp server. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [opensuse] [slightly OT:] DHCP and Windows (yuck...)
      ... will serve up the boot image, as well as the boot image name. ... Windows dhcp server. ... The problem is that the windows server is faster at ... is described as pointing to the tftp server. ...
      (SuSE)
    • When does sysprep.ini get read? During sysprep or during next boot?
      ... I'm trying to create a base image (within MS Virtual Server) for development ... purposes and effectively want to create two scenarios: ... Boot image and get prompted for server name / local admin password and leave ... floppy. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.setup)